It is unsurprising that Canadian homeowners are concerned about the cost of having a home elevator installed in their home. However, it is difficult to give an exact figure of how much home elevator prices are because in general, each home lift has to be individually customised and fitted for each home.
Whilst for some homes, it may be a simple installation process, others may require a little bit more work, which may come at an additional cost.
How much does a home elevator cost? Here are five factors that may determine residential elevator prices.
1) If you looking at home elevator costs it is worth considering that there are always stylish upgrades that can be fitted to ensure that you do not have to compromise on the style of your home and means you will be more satisfied with the end result. Things like the detail of the interior can be adapted to suit your personal taste, but this may be more expensive.
2) If the residential elevator is being fitted in an older house, it tends to require more work and, therefore, more money than a more modern home would to cost to install.
3) If you require a bigger elevator to carry more passengers or if your home consists of more than two stories, then this will be more costly than a one-storey home elevator price.
4) Of course, there is also installation costs to be aware of. Retrofitting an older home may require more work to prevent damage to the structure of your property. Any reputable residential elevator company should also be including the cost of the home elevator installation when providing a quotation.
5) The style of the home lift you decide to go for is also important: some styles can be basic, or you can invest in an elevator that is fitted with the latest technology, which might be more cost efficient in the long run.
The average cost of installing a home elevator into any Canadian home, is between roughly $25,000 and $45,000. While this may seem extremely expensive to some homeowners, you can be reassured that installing a home elevator could increase the value of your home by up to 10 per cent and is also an excellent way of future proofing your ‘forever home’.
The versatile and unique range of residential elevator that Stiltz Lifts Canada offer are stylish, practical and compact, which means that homeowners will not have to compromise on space or the design of their home.