Stiltz Duo Home Elevator
A home lift which is the ideal alternative to a cumbersome stairlift or conventional lift
The Stiltz Duo Home Elevator is the most attractive alternative to an aging stairlift on the market and much more appealing and easier to install than a traditional hydraulic elevator. With a compact footprint of less than a square metre, the Stiltz home lift can be installed virtually anywhere in the home thanks to its range of unique and innovative features.
With no hydraulics, lift shaft, lift pit, vacuum systems or separate machine room required, the Stiltz Duo Home Elevator is unlike any other elevator available. Powered by an internal drive system which is housed, out of sight, at the top of the lift, the Duo is plugs straight into a regular power socket like any other household appliance with no external power packs.
The Stiltz Duo Home Elevator does not require to be fixed to an external wall and it is a self-supporting structure with no extra weight burden is put on the home. This allows the lift to be placed in parts of the home other elevators designed for the home cannot making it a totally unique product.
Because there is a minimal installation work involved in the installation of a Stiltz Duo Home Elevator, it is quick and easy to install with a typical application taking no more than a day. It can be tucked in the corner of a room, the stairwell void or even a cupboard, so the choice can be yours.
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Range
Stiltz Duo Classic – this is the original Stiltz Home Elevator and can carry two people up to one floor in less than 30 seconds. The Duo Classic looks great and is a lift to feel good about. It includes many features as standard with additional options available.
Stiltz Duo Vista – is fitted with a clear body made from structural polycarbonate to give it a contemporary look. The Duo Vista can blend into a room’s décor and allow natural light to flood in if the residential elevator is placed in front of or close to a window. It offers all the same features as the Classic.
Stiltz Duo Thru Car – allows users to enter and exit from both sides of the lift. This is made possible by the Stiltz unique dual rail technology. There is no other elevator lift of this kind on the market that is capable of having a double entry or thru car configuration. It offers all the same features as the Classic.
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Benefits
Smallest footprint of any lift of its kind available – covers less than 7sf surface area
QuietPowered by a quiet electric self-contained motor – no noisy hydraulics or vacuum systems
Fast InstallationElevators are made up of modular sections – standard installs take just one day
Plugs into a regular domestic power socket – like any other household appliance
Unique Guide SystemTwo parallel and vertical guides bear load of the lift – self-supporting structure
Self Contained Drive SystemHoused at the top of the lift, out of sight
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Specifications
- Standard Finishes A neutral white exterior and door with a beige interior lining color.
- Half Height Door The door is interlocked and is made to match the finish of the lift.
- 2 X Remote Controls Call and send the lift remotely and also use it to move heavy or awkward items between floors.
- Two Year Warranty All Stiltz Home Elevators carry a standard two-year parts warranty.
- Internal LED Downlights These are programmed to turn on once the user has entered the lift and remain on for the entire journey.
- Battery Back Up System If there is a power outage while using the lift it will descend to the lower level of the home and wait until the power comes back on.
- Full Height Light Curtain Light Curtain when fitted with half height door.
- Interior Telephone In the very unlikely event that the lift stops while you are travelling in it, help is just a phone call away.
- Fold Down Seat This is a popular option selected by customers for the short trip between floors.
- Interior Grab Rail Offers increased security for the occupants of the lift.
- Full Height Door An interlocked door that replaces the half-height door and light curtain – a no cost option.
- Full Height Light Curtain A full-height motion sensor is situated at the entrance of our elevators (unless a full height door is chosen). If this barrier is crossed the lift will immediately stop.
- Safety Lid Plug This crucial feature plugs the aperture in the floor when the elevator is in the downstairs position. It is strong enough to stand on and you can place your original flooring on top to blend in.
- Key Switch Operation This feature allows the owner to isolate the lift if the need arises. This is commonly used when going away on vacation or when children are around.
- Top & Bottom Safety Pans Using our obstruction sensing covers, a Stiltz Home Elevator can detect objects above or below the lift, causing it to immediately stop.
- Hold-To-Run Controls Operating a Stiltz residential elevator requires constant pressure to the controls. This allows the user to ‘drive’ the lift and feel in total control.
- Weight Limit Sensors Our Duo elevators are limited to 375lbs (170kg). The lift detects anything exceeding this limit and will not travel.
- Out Of Balance Sensors Sensors will detect if the lift is ever out of balance and prevent the unit from travelling.
- Fall Arrest Mechanism This patented system prevents the car from falling in the unlikely event of the steel ropes going slack.
- Emergency Stop Button This button is front and center for the user in the event of an emergency.
- Over Speed Detection The elevator uses an optical sensor to detect the speed of travel. If this increases beyond a certain speed, the sensor will stop the lift from travelling in that direction.
|Drive||Roped drum, braked gear motor drive|
|Power Supply||220 – 240v AC / 5 Amps – will work off 110v with step-up transformer|
|Maximum Load||375lb / 170kg|
|Maximum Travel||13’1” / 4 meters|
|Entrance Security||Full-height light curtain / motion sensor – option for full-height door|
|Maximum Speed||6″ / 15cm per Second|
|Warranty||2 year parts|
|Rope Diameter||6mm galvanized steel rope|
|Additional Sensors||Out-of-balance & overload, overspeed detection and light curtain|
|Lighting Type||2 x 3w LED downlights|
|Landing Call Stations||2 Wireless remote control units – call / send facility (3 x standard AAA batteries in each)|
|Installation||Typical installation takes one days|
|Configuration||Single entry or double entry / thru-car|